Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Letters to him...

Second Tuesday...

The familiar text tone came yesterday. You texted.  A reply to a Happy Birthday for Warren but you texted. The silent treatment was over.  We texted about workouts and then it was done.

This morning I woke to a dark room, uneasy at  best.  The gloominess from the rain provided the darkness. The stillness. The motor of the fan gave a rhythm that was calming. I just needed to listen. I was tossing and turning and fighting the urges like most days.  It was different. I sat up and asked "What God?"   I needed to pray with you and for you. I needed to talk to you through Jesus.  It was early so I laid there for another hour until I sent the text, asking you to call or come by.   Delivered.... Now that wait.  Your call came within minutes.  You were pleasant.  You were receptive when I asked if I could pray. You listened when I asked for forgiveness. You remained quiet while I prayed for your safety and for God to wrap you up in his arm. You didn't sigh when I said I was sorry my hurts became your hurts. At the end you gave an Amen and a Thank you.  Conversation continued for a bit. Small talk about the week.

I didn't get upset when you said you would bring my Keurig back.  I knew you didn't like it anyways. I am glad you broke down and got your own pot.

Addie is coming to see me tomorrow. She misses me. Wes may be coming too. I wanted to ask you so many other things but the silence is where I get answers. I do want to know if my pictures are still up. I do want to know what your background is on your phone. Only God knows those things.  I don't want to become a memory to you. I'm glad your running again and spending time with your kids. Those are so important. Please just don't forget me. Don't let me go. I am right here waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith.Hope.Love

     I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in others; in playing a role, in helping them to prove ourselves worthy of love, of acceptance, ...