Thursday, May 28, 2020

Letters to him...

Third Thursday..

Two weeks and one day...

Yesterday I got to see you, multiple times.  And you looked good. You brought over Addie and Wes. The sheer magnitude of the entire couple weeks hit me like a ton of bricks and I broke down.  Standing in the driveway, I lost my ability to do anything. All I could was cry.  All I do was hold on to you.  The tears tasted like salt as they flowed freely down my cheeks. Your hoodie absorbed most. But they wouldn't stop.  I probably would have cried all day if I thought you would have stayed.  But...Addie. At least I did tell you I miss you.

I spent the majority of the day laughing and smiling with 3 wonderful kids.  Addie tore my heart out. She misses me.  She misses me... And her tears were evident she was speaking truth.   I know this is going to take him and God send me glimpses of hope every day.  Your cell phone still has my picture on it.  My pictures are still up in your house. Your smile....

I sent a text this morning that said I was praying for your safety.  While that is true, I am also praying for you. I am praying God brings you back to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith.Hope.Love

     I think sometimes we get so wrapped up in others; in playing a role, in helping them to prove ourselves worthy of love, of acceptance, ...